Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Slingshot SEO: Now hiring Search Media Authors


This is a guest post by Chi Sherman, a former Sherman & Co. employee and John and Lois’ daughter.

The four years I spent working for Sherman & Co. were invaluable. Through daily interaction with clients, I learned a great deal about interpersonal relationships. As part of a marketing team, I experienced firsthand communications audits and the importance of brand recognition. Working with a variety of clients enabled me to hone my public relations skills, to provide feedback and ideas, and to represent the client at public functions. The best part of my job at Sherman & Co. was getting to write everyday – everything from copy for websites and brochure text to press releases for clients. Strengthening my writing and editing skills certainly prepared me to work for NUVO Newsweekly, which in turn prepared me for my current position as a Search Media Author for Slingshot SEO.

Slingshot SEO is a search engine optimization firm, which essentially means we help our clients improve their search engine rankings by writing guest blogs on their behalf. As a Search Media Author, I find opportunities that will enhance our clients’ presence online. After building a relationship with a blog owner, I write a guest post that adheres to the blog owners’ specifications and, of course, those of the client. It’s a great job – I write at length each day, which is something I only imagined I would someday be able to do professionally.

I started with Slingshot in April, along with about 10 other people. We’ve become a pretty tight-knit group and have seen our numbers grow as the firm continues to bring authors on board. I really enjoy being surrounded by other writers all day. We can bounce ideas off each other and increase our knowledge of search engine optimization. I love it when the team leaders announce that we’ll be spending the entire day writing. At first it was a little unnerving – I was waiting for someone to say, “Just kidding!” – but it never happened. We truly get to write. The freedom to get lost in words is heavenly and I’m so glad for my previous writing experience, both personal and professional, that prepared me to land here.

Be sure to check out Slingshot’s website for the Search Media Author job description – the team is pretty great and the company is really going places.

No comments:

Post a Comment